This isn't about Sailormoon at all.
Really, it's not. ^_^;
This week has been kind of a mess. It's been a little frustrating at work (though nothing really to complain about) but just a huge emotional roller coaster online. Home is good, so at least there's that.
Anyway, I've learned a lot in the last few days. I learned a lot about myself, a little about my friends, and a lot about what I do and do not want. So here's a list, some self reflection if you will. This will be a check point for me. It will be my place to turn back to when I feel like I'm losing sight of things. If this seems TOTALLY out of the blue to you, just bear with me. :)
- If something doesn't directly effect me or something I'm responsible for, then there's no need to get involved with it. Whenever I feel upset by something on the internet I need to ask myself, "Is this significant?" before I get all emotional about it.
- Misunderstandings are a huge part of why things can go wrong in relationships. Communication is very important and I should always as myself, "Is it possible I have misunderstood?" before I get mad at someone.
- I'm not going to get along with everyone, all the time. It's unreasonable to expect myself to be friends with EVERYONE and I can't beat myself up every time I find out someone doesn't like me or is mad at me. I can just do my best to be kind to people, be respectful, and learn from my mistakes.
- This means admitting when I'm wrong. It's a very hard thing to do, but I've learned to do it in other parts of my life (like in art), so its time to learn to do this in personal relationships too. Sometimes, I am going to be wrong.
- When I am wrong, and I've made a mistake, "I'm sorry" is not always going to solve the entire problem. I have to be patient with people and understand that it takes time to move through certain challenges, and sometimes you break things and they can be fixed. While I really hope that isn't the case this time, I know that I have to come to terms with the fact that sometimes my mistakes are going to have longer consequences.
- I love my friends and I want to do what I can to be the best friend to them that I can be. Sometimes they have to teach me important things I don't want to learn, but that's what good friends do.
Thanks for reading. :)