Volume Infinity - A Guide to a Rare Sailor Moon Artbook
Volume Infinity is the self-published volume of Sailor Moon arts and notes that Naoko released in 1997. It includes messages from members of the anime and manga staff as well as some lovely artwork by Naoko. We don't know how many copies of this rare artbook were made or sold, but it is a highly sought after collectable that fetches very high prices when it does show up for sale.
Fortunately, I have not seen or heard of bootlegs of this artbook, but if you want to collect one of these gems, it's good to know what they look like in case one might appear one day.
Here's some notes about Infinity:
- the book is a white hardcover with a slip jacket
- the binding on the book is not very good so many of these books have loose pages from being opened too often; I take care not to open mine more than a few inches so there's less stress on the binding
- the insides of the covers are lined with a gold paint that shows finger prints when you touch it
- because the book was self published, the ISBN inside the back cover is mostly 0's with USAGI in there, too
- there is a semi transparent rice page inside the front cover that allows the first image to be seen through; it has a solid white texture pattern that criss-crosses all over it with the title and infinity volume marking
- the art of Chibimoon on the back has weird colors and this can throw people off into thinking it's a fake. It seems to be possible it was a digital work?
- unlike the other artbooks, the writing on the front it NOT metallic; it is flat gold
|front of dust jacket|
|back of dust jacket|
|back of hardcover|
|front of hardcover|
|binding of hardcover|
|semi transparent rice page with textured white markings and title|
|back inside print information with fake ISBN "USAGI"|
|gold paint shows fingerprints|